The Transition Coordinator works to establish a support system for students that are interested in transferring to a university or internship program. They are also available to support recent TOCC alumni.
The Transition Coordinator works to establish a support system for students that are interested in transferring to a university and assist them in navigating a university. Allowing them to find their path.
Some of the specific services include:
- Create connections with university resources
- Campus visit/University tours
- Assist with Application process
- Assistance with the Registration Process
- Assistance in determining Housing & developing Life Skills
- Continue to connect with TOCC Alumni
- Internship and Capstone Networking with Professional/Student Organizations on campus
- Assisting in Understanding Technology
Tohono O’odham Community College is pleased to announce a new alliance with Arizona State University to provide students a seamless transfer experience with the MyPath2ASU program. MyPath2ASU™ allows students to take the steps needed, at the start of their college experience, to successfully plan their transfer to ASU, ensuring a smooth transition process and student success.
Get started on creating your personalized course-by-course transfer plan. Follow these simple steps:
- Create MyPath2ASU™ – Choose from more than 400 on-ground and online pathways. MyPath2ASU™ helps you navigate what Tohono O’odham Community College classes to take for your ASU major.
- Sign up for your Transfer Guide – Save MyPath2ASU™ and receive all of the benefits to stay on track to earn your bachelor’s degree. Select the Sign Up for Pathway button, create your account and earn 24/7 direct access to My Transfer Guide.
- Track your progress – Once you’ve activated your ASU Transfer Guide account, sign in to My Transfer Guide, where you can easily view your MyPath2ASU™, track degree progress, save course searches, submit course evaluations and more. Remember to save your username and password.
Learn more and read the full student announcement below:
MyPath2ASU Video Guides
How To Search Available Majors
The Transition Coordinator also assists in preparing TOCC students in exploring various careers and gain experience by being placed in field related to their career interest through the TOCC Internship Program. The program is designed to help students gain skills that will help them prepare for the workforce and learn about the tribal government business practices.
Areas of Support include:
- Workshops for Career Readiness
- Research Careers
- Resume Building
- Cover Letters
- Employment Application process
- Assistance with Background check requirements
- Assistance with placement with TON Nation and other organization
- Reimbursement for Finger Card Clearance
TOCC Alumni Support
The Transition Coordinator also works to support recent TOCC alumni. The area has been involved with alumni on multiple aspects after TOCC, which include:
- Provide support with Alumni on their educational journey
- Hold a gathering/meeting with Alumni twice out of the semester
- Alumni presentations to current TOCC students to share their experiences
- Support Cultural needs
- Highlight Alumni Educational/Career Journey
- Survey Alumni to access how TOCC can help prepare to the transition and how services can improve
- Assist Alumni with finding an internship/job
- Develop a mentorship program