Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and Syllabus Submission Information
- Assessment of SLOs is determined by carefully designing the course syllabus and the design of the course. SLOs should be assessed using both formative and summative assessment techniques.
- When designing a syllabus, course descriptions should be the same as listed in the TOCC catalog, and the SLOs should be the SLOs that were approved by the college and can be obtained from your Area Chair.
- In the design of your course, learning material, and learning experience, you must provide the opportunity to accomplish the SLO(s) and then you should give a description of how you will assess the SLO(s).
- Once a syllabus is created, it must be reviewed and approved by your Area Chair, who will provide guidance and direction, especially as it applies to the SLOs. A deadline will be set at the beginning of each semester of when you must submit your syllabus. The syllabus should be submitted through the SYLLABUS AREA CHAIR REVIEW PORTAL (Contact the Dean of Academics for password).
- Once the syllabus is approved and any changes have been made, the syllabus should be submitted to the APPROVED SYLLABUS PORTAL (Contact the Dean of Academics for password) so syllabus can be posted on website and archived by Education division.
- Faculty should post their syllabus in their Canvas classroom. If the class is in-person, provide a paper copy for each student.